Ricotta Chocolate Chip Cake
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 250 grams (1 cup) of ricotta, drained
- 80 grams (5 ⅔ tablespoons) of butter, softened
- 180 grams (¾ cup) of sugar
- 250 grams (2 cups) of cake flour
- 16 grams (1 tablespoon) of baking powder
- Milk, as needed
- 80 grams (½ cup) of chocolate, small chunks
If your mixture is too thick, then add a little milk. Be careful! Adding milk is like having too much milk in a bowl of cereal! If you add too much cereal to your excess milk you start correcting and overcorrecting and before you know it the box is empty! But once you have the consistency of cake batter add the chocolate. Be aware that the size of the chunks does matter. If they are too large/heavy they will sink straight to the bottom.
Pour the batter into a greased cake pan and bake for 25 minutes (or until done) at 180℃ (about 355℉). Isn’t that a simple recipe? No difficult steps, perfect for a cake when you’re in a rush!
Enjoy your very own ricotta chocolate chip cake! Buon Appetito!!